(Pictures are For Illustration Purposes Only)
36 PORT EXPANDER MODULE
For a low-cost, value-added alternative to high port count RAID cards, select the Intel® RAID Expander RES2CV360/240 to achieve excellent performance and higher returns on investment. As the perfect complement for Intel’s SAS-2 generation RAID cards, the RES2CV360/240 offers ultimate ﬂ exibility for architecting a high drive count (>8 drive) storage solution in any sized system. The card has a designated mounting spot in Intel’s new R2xxx series 2U chassis (when using 2.5” drives) and can be mounted to a chassis wall or air-duct in other chassis.
The RES2CV360/240, powered by an LSI* SAS2x36/24 36 or 24-port SAS-2 expander, enables the connection of up to 32 or 20 directly attached SAS or Serial ATA (SATA) devices, and provides table routing to support connections for up to 1024 SAS addresses. Each expander phy is individually conﬁ gurable and performs SAS and SATA transfers based on the speed of the host or target at either 6.0Gb/s, 3.0Gb/s or 1.5Gb/s. The RES2CV360/240 supports management functions such as discovery and enclosure management, and can be cascaded to accommodate as many drives as the associated SAS/RAID card allows.
All Intel RAID solutions are validated across multiple platforms with Intel® boards, chassis and systems. Customized training, as well as Intel service and support, make Intel the one source for customers seeking data protection, increased productivity and simpliﬁ ed IT.
- Low-cost alternative to high port count RAID cards.Provides a more economical solution when compared to an alternative solution with a high port count card. Plus, it offers greater ﬂ exibility since the RES2CV360/240 can be teamed with a wide variety four or eight port SAS RAID card/modules to deliver features that are best suited to a customer’s needs.
- Inside-the-box design ﬂ exibility. With a narrow form factor design, the card can be mounted on a chassis wall or ducting. Power is obtained by using a power cable with a standard 4-pin power connector
- Excellent performance. Overall solution performance using a RES2CV360/240 is on par with Intel’s SAS-2 high port count RAID with transfer rates of up to 6Gb/s per port. While today’s high port count RAID cards typically include an expander on the card, a RES2CV360/240-based solution separates the expander from the RAID card for high performance with more system design ﬂexibility.
- Compatible with SAS-2 RAID products. Connect any of Intel’s current SAS-2 RAID products including the Intel® Integrated RAID Module RMSCB080 for full hardware RAID functionality
- Exceptional quality and support. Thoroughly tested across Intel’s SAS-2 RAID product line to ensure ease ofdeployment and backed by a three year warranty. (Extended ﬁ ve year warranty also available.)